At Cunningham Vision Care, located next to LensCrafters in Chesterfield and St. Peters, not only do we inventory the largest contact lens selection and the latest lens technologies, our eye doctors are experts at giving you the perfect fit for clear vision and comfort.
Depending on the contact lens prescribed the level of cleaning and care will vary. Monthly, 2-week, daily and disposable contact lenses, as well as specialty lenses, all have different maintenance requirements. Before you leave our office, we very carefully review your lens care instructions to ensure you understand how important proper care is to healthy eyes and clear vision. We also stock the proper contact lens cleaners and solutions to get you started.
Simple Care Tips
- Before handling contact lenses, wash your hands with soap and water then thoroughly rinse to remove all traces of soap. Try to dry with a lint-free towel.
- Never rinse or store your contacts in tap or sterile water; always use the recommended solution.
- Do not wet your contacts with saliva; it is not sterile.
- Remove lenses before showering or swimming.
- Saline solution and rewetting drops should not be used in place of disinfectant.
- To clean your lenses, rub them with your fingers then rinse with solution before soaking them. This "rub and rinse" method is recommended even if the solution is a "no-rub" variety.
- Keep your contact lens case clean with fresh solution, not water; replace the solution regularly, at least every three days if not with daily cleaning. Dirty or damaged lens cases can be a source of contamination and infection.
- Never use old solution, combine bottles, or let the tip of the bottle touch anything; this can affect sterility and cause serious eye problems.
- Wear, clean, and replace contact lenses according to the schedule and care instructions prescribed by your Cunningham Vision Care optometrist.
- If you ever have any questions regarding your contact lenses or eye health, please contact us anytime. We want the very best for your healthy vision!
2 Locations to Serve You!
It has never been easier to get into comfortable contact lenses. At Cunningham Vision Care, our 26 years of experience, caring eye doctors and staff, and large inventory make it an easy choice for you and your family. Both of our locations – Chesterfield and St. Peters – are open evenings and weekends for your convenience. Stop by or contact us today!